z-wave dongles

PDM

z-wave dongles

Postby PDM » Mon May 11, 2015 7:24 am

Hello, I thought it would be better to post here as emailing only helps me and not current and future buyers. My question was about the new 5th generation usb dongles for the z-command board. I did order one of the zwave me dongles and turned on the engineer's about where to obtain these. They obtained a zwave me and a sigma designs dongle. At first the engineers thought maybe just plug and play but it turned out to not quite the case.

If it is better I would be willing to get the sigma dongle. For me just starting out with zwave it would seem like it would be better to start with the latest devices out there. I understand that you have the 5th generation dongles working and will update the software shortly.

Thanks
Pete

admin
Site Admin

Re: z-wave dongles

Postby admin » Mon May 11, 2015 7:32 am

Thanks for posting here Pete.
Yes, as discussed via email, we have two 5th generation z-wave dongles (Z-Wave.me and Sigma Designs) currently working on a modified Z-Command.
We will release a software update in the next one or two weeks that will enable your Z-Command to work with those dongles.

PDM

Postby PDM » Tue May 12, 2015 6:47 am

That will be great! Are the two sticks functionally the same or are there a few differences?

Thanks
Pete

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 12, 2015 7:05 am

PDM wrote:That will be great! Are the two sticks functionally the same or are there a few differences?

Thanks
Pete

So far they seem to work the same. We are still testing. We found an issue but we should be able to resolve it soon.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri May 15, 2015 7:15 am

We just released version 1.1.7012 (https://z-command.intulon.com/version-1-1-7012/) to support the two new 5th gen. USB dongles.

We will soon be offering Z-Command bundles for sale on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_hi?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Intulon+LLC&node=228013) that includes the Sigma Designs 5th gen. USB dongle.

PhiDeck

Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5

Postby PhiDeck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:32 am

What about Aeon Labs' Z-Stick Gen5? Have you tested it?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5

Postby admin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 am

PhiDeck wrote:What about Aeon Labs' Z-Stick Gen5? Have you tested it?

Yes. Z-Command works with the Gen5 Z-Stick.

PhiDeck

RaZberry?

Postby PhiDeck » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Despite its higher price, I find the self-contained aspect of the Z-wave RaZberry appealing. Can or will Z-Command operate with that interface?

admin
Site Admin

Re: RaZberry?

Postby admin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:01 pm

PhiDeck wrote:Despite its higher price, I find the self-contained aspect of the Z-wave RaZberry appealing. Can or will Z-Command operate with that interface?

Z-Command does not currently work with the Razberry but we are working on supporting it.

salihys

Postby salihys » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 am

I just purchased an Aeotec Gen5 stick to replace existing Gen2 stick in my zcommand however it is not being recognized by the zcommand.

Do I need a new driver to be installed. I am running the latest firmware 1.7021.

Return to “Z-Wave hardware discussions”