TIMERS

poordom

TIMERS

Postby poordom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Good afternoon All,

I have a couple of Z-Command Hardware and Software questions.

Let me first say that I don't like, believe, and intend to use IoT, for all kinds of reasons.

So first question, can I use Z-Command without ever having to deal with the internet.

Two, is the Z-Command software reside on the Z-Command card ( Raspberry card )

Third, does the Z-Comamnd software allow for timers. ie. If motion is detected, then light on for 30 seconds, after 30 second timer expires then turn of light.

Last, is the Z-Comamnd software, easily integrated to a graphic user interface, if so, which software could be use for that purpose, like showing icons of switches and sensor status.

Well that is it for now.

Thanks

Dom

admin
Site Admin

Re: TIMERS

Postby admin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi Dom,
Z-Command runs 100% without an internet connection. You will need an internet connection if we release an update you are interested in. Other than that, you can run forever without an internet connection.

All Z-Command software resides on the Raspberry Pi's SD card.

You can create time events with Z-Command. Time events can be based on the time of the day and/or day of the week.

The way z-wave motion sensors work is that they notify Z-Command when they detect motion (at which point you can tell Z-Command to do something), then they change their state back to default after a timeout which is configurable on the sensors. Z-Command also get's notified when sensors change state back to default and you can decide to do something interesting with the information.

Z-Command comes bundled with a graphic user interface, which you can access through a web browser. There are screenshots of the GUI at this URL:

https://z-command.intulon.com/z-command ... el-sensor/

poordom

Postby poordom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank you for your response.

I think I may not have explained my interpretation of timers, properly.

If motion XYZ = on
then timer (1) =30 seconds
then living room lights on

if timer (1) = 0 seconds ( after counted down as expired )
then living room lights off

So even if the sensor as not picked up any motion the light will stay on for the duration of the timer which in this case is 30 seconds, then go off. Now, should motion be picked up within the 30 second ( timer ) time frame, the timer will restart for another 30 seconds.

Please excuse my VERY limited programming.

This is my interpretation of a timer.

Thanks

Dom

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:49 pm

What you want is the way a z-wave motion sensor (and by extension Z-Command) works.

When motion is detected, you can program Z-Command to do something.

When motion has not been detected by the sensor for a preset timeout, then you get notified again.

If motion is detected before the timeout expires, the internal timer in the motion sensor is restarted.

poordom

Postby poordom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

WOW!

I was not aware of that, in other words, if I used the Aeotec ZW100 6 IN 1, in combination with the Z-Command, this would permit, to establish a pre-determined timer to be activated upon motion capture.

Don't know how, but if you say, it works that way, great.

Thanks

Dom :shock:

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:40 am

Yes, that's how it works.

Return to “General z-wave discussions”